Thursday, January 20, 2011

Show us your Life

I love reading Kelly's blog, Kelly's Korner. It was one of the first blogs I read. She does a series of posts called "Show Us Your Life". This week is "Show us your Singles." This is very out of the box for me, but I figured why not! You never how God will work. This isn't the clearest picture but the most recent. I was MOH at my close friend's wedding this past summer.

My name is Ashley and I'm 29. I'm originally from South Louisiana but have called Northeast Louisiana home for nearly 7 years. I work for a faith based non profit as a social worker, working with foster care and adoption. I love what I do (most days!) because it's not a job to me but a ministry. I love being able to be Christ's hands and feet to hurting children and families.

I graduated from LSU and love all LSU sports (Geaux tigers!) I purchased my first house almost two years ago and have loved decorating it. I'm very close to my family and try to see them as much as I can. I've not only been blessed with a great family but also friends who are like family. I love traveling, bargain shopping, reading, writing, spending time with friends,exercising, coffee shops and crafting.

I love the Lord with all my heart- what a journey He has brought me on, but I'm so thankful. I'm very involved in my church with women's ministry and music-I love to sing, especially worshiping God. I have a heart for missions and will be going to Rwanda in May ( 3 days after turning 30!)

God has been so faithful during this time of singleness. The top two things I'm looking for in a guy/future husband: that he love God more than he loves me and realizes that God loves me more than he ever will. I have a few other things that I'm looking for, but these are the top two.

If you're interested or know someone to introduce me to, leave a comment!

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a great post Ashley! I just know that God has something wonderful planned for you!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, you don't know me but I am a sister in Christ. I came across your blog when I was searching for someone else. I was drawn to your writings. Especially the one in October of 2009 when you reflected on a mission trip you had gone on the year before. The description of the scenery and how you felt when you "met God there" was amazing. As I read it, I could feel God stir in me. I cried because the feeling felt so good. Please keep blogging and writing. You never know who God is directing to your page way out there on the World Wide Internet.