Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm a big girl now??

It's been a few weeks since I've posted (as it was pointed out to me last night by my friend Tess) but it has been a wild few weeks, to say the least. Here a few of the highlights:
  • I bought a house!!!!! I close on Tax day. It all happened so fast, but God has opened every door and the process has gone smoother than I had anticipated. If you're in my area, I know great realtor! I had looked at the house about 2 weeks ago, then last weekend, I went to look at it with my realtor, Sunday made an offer and by Monday after lunch- I was on my way to owning a home. Yikes!!! The only thing I have to do is paint- I don't really like the neutral color that is in the entire house. I have to be out of my apt. on the 30th, so needless to say I've started packing already, because the 8 weeks or so in between now and the 30th are crazy. I love my house--it's in a great location and my close friend lives one street over.
  • I'm going to have a niece this summer! My BFF Jessica and her hubby Corey are having a little girl! Vivenne Rose should arrive mid July. Auntie A has already started buying girly clothes. I got the cutest little LSU cheerleader outfit...she should be able to wear it for football season. Jess, if you're reading this...don't worry--I've been scouting the sale and clearance racks! :)
  • I got to enjoy one of the "perks" of my job last week- scabies. OMG!!!! It was absolutley horrible. It was like having poision ivy on steroids...I itched so bad. But I'm cured now and have to be treated again in 7 days. this meant that we had to treat eveyrone in the cottage...fun times.
  • I passed my LCSW!!! ( I think I already mentioned that--but I'm really excited-its' over with!)
  • I got to see 4Him in concert last night. It was the first time they've performed together in 3 years-it was so good. Very refreshing. I needed that time to just unwind and worship in the worst possible way.
  • I could really use some prayer right now. I'm not going to get into specifics, but if you want to know-just ask me.

I still can't believe that I bought a house. Its one of those things that I kind of thought that I would be married when I did, but honestly, there hasn't been a lot of sadness with this.

God is so good. Someone told me last week that God has been so good and gracious to me. I needed to hear that and be reminded of that. He has---I just tend to forget that sometimes. He has opened doors for me that blow me away, put people in my life that love me just when I need it the most, continues to meet my every need, constantly reminding me of His faithfulness. One of my favorite 4 Him songs is "where there is faith." I was really hoping that they would sing it last night and they did. One of my favorite lines of that song is "Hope everlasting in He who is able to Bear every Burden, to heal every hurt in my heart It is a wonderful, powerful place Where there is faith." I was convicted a bit when i heard that line, because sometimes I get so overwhelmed that I feel like I don't trust God enough. I woke up this morning feeling so peaceful- knowing that He is forever faithful.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats, Happy Homeowner!! And 4Him is WONDERFUL!! Saw them at First West about six/seven years ago and they were awesome! One of my favorite Christian concerts! Glad you had a chance to go!

Anonymous said...

yes, you are a big girl now! it is so fun decorating a home that you actually own! and i'm glad to see you back in blogland too! thanks for the shout out...and check back occasionally to my spot! you'll know more than you ever wanted to about my crazy fam! (and i'm still keeping my eyes peeled for Mr. Pretty-Darn-Close!!)

Lauren said...

Congrats on the house!!! I was really encouragd by this :o)

Anonymous said...

ok, you know i have you bookmarked, so when you write stuff like "if you wanna know, just ask", i 'm a gonna ask. you can tell me tomorrow :-) ...

congratulations on the house... i had no idea it moved along that quickly... or i was just so tied up with the week we had, i just didn't hear the rest of the story. you DO have a good realtor!

Leigh said...

Congratulations on the new house! Holler if you need some help moving, I have 2 strong teenagers!