Wednesday, April 29, 2009

He's in the details

Today, I've been blown away at how God is involved in the seemingly insignificant details of our lives. My house stuff has been a major long drawn out process. But God allowed me to close two weeks later, kept my apartment available, so that I would have plenty of time to move in, paint and all that other fun stuff, without having to be in such a time crunch. With MY original plan, it was going to be a tight, tight deadline. But today, He showed me that He's taking care of me.

Right now, I'm in Dallas for the Christian Orphan Alliance conference. I'm the only one going from my job and I was a little worried how I was going to navigate the logistics of travel from the hotel to the conference, etc. Last night, I prayed, "Lord, take care of this." Well, I get to the hotel and find out that the hotel is offering a shuttle to the conference (which they were not originally). And then at dinner, I end up eating at a table with three girls from Minnesota who are going to the conference too...and we're staying next door to each other! So, not only do I have a way to the conference, but I don't have to ride by myself either. I love it how God works, even when we forget that He is always around us. Are you looking for Him in the details?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you Ash.....you know how many details I juggle on a weekly basis....I'm often so busy that I forget to remember that he is in every little detail. I needed to hear this today.

dean said...

given your um, "luck" with vehicles you've driven lately, i'd say God surely was in this detail when He arranged for someone else to do the driving!