The plans are coming along, most of the major stuff done. I still threaten to elope a few dozen times a day but it's not really because of the stress of the wedding details- I'm just ready to be married and to start our new life together. We've dated for thirteen months living 2 hours away. We've been able to see each other most every weekend and the biggest gap has been 2 weeks. I know it could be a lot worse! But so ready to be in the same spot every day together: no driving back and forth, no shuffling houses, finding places to stay when he comes, no separate hotel rooms when we travel, etc. But I know that all of this is so worth it in the end!!!
This Friday is my birthday, the big 3-1. Last year was such a milestone birthday for me. I LOVED turning 30. It wasn't a bad thing at all. Honestly, it was like life really began at 30. So many great things happened as I turned 30. My 20's were spent trying to figure out who I was, career, learning to be content, friendships, my identity. Now, I feel much more settled.
Here are a few things that happened during the year of the big 30!
- Got a tattoo (hurt like heck but love it)
- Went to Rwanda
- Went to Brazil
- Went to Haiti
- Met a wonderful guy on match.com
- Got engaged to the amazing guy!!
- Planning a wedding
- Took engagement pictures
- Traveled to New Orleans to celebrate the big 30 with my BFF
- first time bringing a guy to holidays
- actually had someone to celebrate Valentine's day with!
- Getting closer to my dream job of doing adoptions full time
This truly says it all. I'm so excited for the rest of my 30's!