Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Moments of Joy

As I wrote in my last post, my theme this year is "Choosing Joy." I'm really trying to be intentional with looking for joy in the moments, even when they are mundane or difficult. Here are a just a few joy moments.

  • My weekly phone call to my Maw-Maw, even if it's just for a few minutes. I'm so thankful that she can still talk to me, even if it's not always clear. I love to just be to able to hear her voice.
  • A catch up conversation with a dear friend. I loved being able to see what God is doing in our lives now and to be able to look back at where He has brought us.
  • That my mom and dad want to come visit me "just because." Forgetting the fact that I was just home 3 weeks ago for a week. I think they really miss me!! :)
  • The authenticity of friendships.
  • Being able to sit back and see God's hand over my life for the past 2 years.
  • Finally getting to do what I really love in regard to work (more on that later!)
  • Being able to sing in church on Sunday. I kind of miss not being in a small church for this reason.
  • curling up on the couch with my Snuggie and taking a nap.
  • hearing joyous news from a dear friend
  • planning for future plans for my house
  • Being able to say "my house!"
  • Sleeping late underneath the electric blanket

1 comment:

Claire said...

What a lovely thing to do, to choose joy. I hope you contie to have lots of it!

Cxx