Friday, May 9, 2008

Tired..........

Tired.....it pretty much sums up how I feel tonight and this week. I felt like I've run non stop this week, especially yesterday and today. Today, I was think in the office for maybe 2 hours. Tonight was banquet, which meant we got off early, but banquet day is hectic.I rushed home, changed clothes 20 times to get ready for church pictorial pics, go get my picture made, listen to the lady try to pressure me into buying pictures that I didn't even really like ( simply told her no) and then off to banquet. Then yesterday, one of my former kids had a baby and i went to the hospital to see her and then had to go back today to bring more baby stuff. That visit which was work related still, made me feel like I was the hospital social worker all over again. I had arranged for this family to get a baby bed but it would likely be the first of the week before they could get it, transportation issues, this might interfere with the discharge plan, etc, etc. I'm so thankful that our agency could help this family, but I only made the arrangements simply because there was a beautiful innocent baby involved. To be quite honest, i sometimes get tired of helping people who won't help themselves...always living with one hand out (or sometimes, both.)
Then work is making me tired. I'm tired of people acting like they are in junior high, refusing to take responsibility for their actions, and acting just plain dumb. But tonight reminded me of why I love what I do. (well most of the time, I love it.) Tonight was our awards banquet. It's a pretty big to do..the kids get all dressed up, teachers, church staff, board people come, we eat good food, honor the kids for their successes, see a slide show, etc. The kids also perform. Tonight ended with one of my favoritest little girls, I call her Little Bit, singing "He knows my name/Jesus Loves Me." Seeing her sing and hearing her..it made "to have faith like a child" all the more real at that moment. To think that despite everything that I go through, the times that I feel insignificant, that my job is pointless...He knows my name. He hears me when I call. I'm tired...but in a few days, I'll be on the beach!

No comments: