Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

I know it's been a little while since I've posted...let's just say that I've been enjoying my vacation! I was able to spend a week at home and it was wonderful...but I was ready to get back to my own little apt and my life here. But I got to catch up with lots of friends and family and spend some QT with my parents, which was nice. I had a good Christmas....but I can definitley tell that I'm getting older-less presents under the tree! LOL But I get my big Christmas present this weekend---I'm going to see Celine Dion in New Orleans! I'm soooooo excited and can't wait.

I came back home with the itch to clean and get organized. It had been a while since I really "purged" my apt. so I spent a few days doing that. Now, I just have to tackle my bedroom. Baby steps, baby steps! It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate and I'm only one person! But it did feel good to see progress.

I think I had the best New Year's this year that I've had in a while. I didn't really do that much, but it was definitley the company. I hung out with my friend Brandi and watched Bucket List. Such a great movie-- I laughed until I cried. Then we talked, watched the ball drop, toasted the New Year with our sparkling cranapple juice, and ended the year on our knees in prayer. I couldn't think of a better way to end 2008 and start 2009. I think that this may be a tradition for me...it was so good to be thankful and reflect on the lessons learned in 2008 and focus on the year ahead.

I'm not one to get big into resolutions, but of course I want to exercise more. A friend and I were talking about the new year and what we wanted out of it, our resolutions if you want to call it that. The one thing that kept coming back to me was that I want to be better. A better daughter, a better friend, a better worker, a better supervisor, for my life to be better. Better than it has been before. Then Pastor Bill's sermon was right along with the same thing: to have a new purpose for the new year. Now I'm not quite sure what better looks like, but at least I know that I have direction...I know that He will show me. There's always room for improvement.

3 comments:

Sara Fleming said...

still have a Christmas present for you...maybe Mylo's sometime soon? i go back to Kentucky on the 18th!

RG said...

Happy Christmas and New Year to you Ashley!
Sounds like yours was wonderful.
may God bless you richly this year.
Keep being You!! :D
hugs to you from me,
Robyn xx

Laura said...

Okay, Ashley! You asked for it...10 of your favorite things that begin with the letter....M! Have fun! Can't wait to see your list!