Saturday, January 17, 2009

Praying for Kelly and Harper

Please pray for Kelly and Harper. I love reading Kelly's blog. She and her husband have tried for several years to have a baby and were told that it would be impossible without extensive infertility treatment. They didn't feel like God was leading them in this direction, but also didn't feel like they were to give up on having a family. Well, surprise, surprise!!! Kelly conceived without any medical help! She gave birth to a big ( 9 lbs, 12 oz) baby girl, Harper Brown, last night. Almost immediately, Harper began having breathing problems and it just went downhill from there. She was airlifted to Children's Hospital in Tulsa with a grim prognosis. But thousands of prayers have been prayed and Harper is improving..nothing short of a miracle.

A friend of mine and I both read Kelly's blog. We feel like we know her and Scott. I'm so thankful for the body of Christ and the way that the Holy Spirit unites our hearts. Last night, she and I had a worshipful, sweet, powerful time of prayer for Kelly, Scott and Harper. As we were praying, Psalm 117:18 came to mind: "I will not die but live and will tell of what the Lord has done." This has been a verse that I have clung to in times of heartache and fear. I know that the Lord is in this situation and will be with Harper. Harper will have a story to tell....that she is a miracle. Continue to pray for them as Kelly travels to be with Harper and Harper improves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just saw where shaun groves picked this prayer request up on his blog. that translates into LOTS of people praying! we will be too...

Lauren said...

Came across your blog through Kelly's blog! I along with you and many others are praying for sweet Harper. I only know Kelly through the blog world and she is very dear to my heart and we have e-mailed quite a bit... Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Love your page :)

Holly said...

I love seeing how many people are keeping up with Kelly and Harper. If she only knew the impact she is having on the world. Faithfully praying for baby Harper! :)
BTW, I'm looking forward to keeping up on your blog. :)