Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Believe....

I was reading in my devotion about God's faithfulness in times of trouble. It talked about how sometimes we get so overwhelmed with what is going on that we forget that God has promised to be with us. The verse was Psalm 50:15: "and call upon Me in the day of trouble and I will deliver you and you will honor me." I so needed that last night because lately, I feel like I'm in a tidal wave. Just a lot going on in a lot of different areas. My grandmother is in the hospital again and we're not sure exactly what is going on, but whatever it is, it is wreaking havoc on her Parkinson's. I hate it that I can't be there....I've always had this dreaded fear that something would happen to her before I got home to say good bye. Work is chaotic...show me a time when it isn't! I feel like my friendships are changing all around me and I'm being left behind. Trying to figure out how to enjoy this season of singleness with contentment and joy. Desperately praying to God about something that I just wish He would release me from praying for, but I haven't gotten it yet.

Last night, as I read Psalm 50:15 and the devotion, the phrase "I believe" kept rolling around in my head. So I prayed Psalm 50:15 and then I prayed what I believed:
I believe that Jesus is my Savior
I believe that God is faithful and true
I believe that God has a plan for my life and that He's fulfilling it right now
I believe that going to Croatia was a huge step of obedience and it changed my life forever
I believe that God has me in my job for a reason
I believe that He is enough for me, and more than enoughwhen need be.
I believe that He is working even when I can't see it or don't feel it
I believe that He is my Rock and refuge
I believe that He is my redeemer and sustainer
I believe that because of Him, I have grace and mercy
I believe that His mercies are new every day
I believe that one day I will be a wife and a mom
I believe that God knows exactly what He is doing, if I don't.
I believe that He has placed incredible people in my life, who love me depsite me being well, me. :)
I believe that He knows my heart's desires, even the ones that I'm not sure of myself.
I believe that He will allow me to pass my LCSW test!!! (coming up in a month or so!-uggh!)
I believe that He is faithful even when I'm not.
I believe that He is with my family, even when I can't be there.
I believe that He brought a certain person into my life, even though right now, for the life of me, I can't figure out why.
But above all this: I BELIEVE IN HIM---IN THE POWER OF THE CROSS, AND THAT HE HEARS ME, THAT HE IS FAITHFUL AND TRUE.
So what do you believe??

3 comments:

Emily said...

I believe that He sent you into our lives to be a strong Christian influence. Thank you for being you and helping to keep my focus where it should be. Love you!

Lauren said...

Thank you for this... .It was very timely :) :)

Anonymous said...

i believe... all the above (well, except for the wife and mother part. and croatia. and the LCSW test. and... and... well, you know all the above except the stuff that's specific to you!)