Saturday, October 11, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane...

My bags are almost packed...and I'm getting ready to fly out on Monday to Croatia. I'm super excited. The Lord has been so good! Friday was a very smooth day at work, I'm way more organized and almost fully packed, the Lord provided for my every need for this trip through some very dear friends, a dear friend washed, waxed, vacummed and had the oil changed on my car simply because he wanted to give back to me. Wow! I still can't believe that I'm going to Croatia! I'm super excited for the opportunity to serve these precious women. I can't wait to hear about what God is doing in their lives in the Balkan area, and to also just encourage them and love on them. I need this trip as much as they do. I need to be renewed, refreshed, recharged, challenged, refocused. I'm already reaping the blessings of being obedient, but I can't wait to see what else God has in store for me.

Going overseas has a been a desire of my heart for several years, one that I only shared with one or two people. I knew that one day I would go overseas, even if just for a short time, but had no idea how, when, where, or even how God was going to do it. But He blew me away....rocked my world with this opportunity. I just had to be faithful in the here and now. In where He had me today. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 36:4. How true this is!!!!!!! I'm seeing that in more ways than one.

I'm going to try to blog some while i'm there, but internet will be scarce. I have unlimited text messages, so I may try to text some. Feel free to text me! They are 7 hours ahead, so if you get random texts at odd hours, it's me!

  • A few things to pray for:
  • Traveling safety--especially for the 8 hour flight from Germany to Croatia!
  • Wisdom in counseling the women
  • Compassion
  • Unity for the team- both the US Team and the Balkan team
  • Strength
  • Endurance- it's going to some long days, not helping- jet lag
  • Spiritual renewal in the lives of the women
  • Laughter for these women

Thanks for the prayers. See you in a week!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

so excited for you! praying for all of the above. and unlimited texting...that's awesome! my cell phone bill was not pretty the last time i texted from the mission field and that was only mexico.

Leigh said...

Ashley, just wanted to let you know I am praying for you! Can't wait to hear all about it!