Friday, November 21, 2008

In the Waiting

I know it's been a while...i've had tonsilitis and feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off! But I'm feeling much better and looking forward to a weekend in Natchitoches with some friends for the Christmas light festival....the weather should be perfect!

The Lord has been showing me so much lately, but I've realized that I have a problem in receiving all of it. Being still! I was in bed last night, trying to wind down. My head is usually spinning- my thoughts running over the day, tommorrow, all that stuff. I felt the Lord whisper to me, "I'm doing a great work in you. Slow down so I can show you more!" I want to sit and listen to Him, even if I know the Truth might be hard to swallow. I have so much that He needs to strip away, to make me more like Him, in His image. However, wanting to do it and doing it...very different things.

Last week, God just rocked my world with an answer regarding my post, "Hands Tied Behind My Back." Although the answer wasn't ideal, the peace that I feel is incredible. I know that He heard my cry, heard my prayer, my plea for an answer. He didn't forget about me. It came about in a way that only He could do. Now comes the hard part...waiting and trusting in Him. I tend to "think musically" and there is a song that I love by Greg Long, called The Waiting. If I can remember parts of it.. "I want a peace that goes beyond my understanding and the promise that will come, from the blessing of the waiting." So I will wait. I will wait on the Lord to move in my life, to move big. To move in me. But I'm so thankful that waiting is not passive. Just because I wait on the Lord, does not mean that I do nothing. I will still love Him, I still will seek Him, I will still serve Him, I still will follow hard after Him. I know that it will be worth it...not only the result, but the blessings that will come from waiting on Him. God is never too early, never too late, His timing is perfect. It will not be easy. There will be uncertainty, tears and joy mixed in there too. So I wait for Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just like when i brag on a kid, it's almost a sure bet that they're going to make me out a liar right after i do it. i bragged that ever since i had my tonsils out (almost 30 years ago... now i'm depressed), i haven't had any sore throats. so i wake up this morning with.... a sore throat. not contagious she says. well, it turned out to be from sinus drainage anyway.

i know we discussed your "hands tied behind my back" post... well, i THINK we did, but i cannot for the life of me remember what it was now, but anyway, i just wanted to tell you how much i appreciate the way you write with such conviction and depth... sort of what i intended when i started out blogging. but now i blog about laxatives and youtube vids of girls bawling because david cook beat out david archuletta on american idol. train jumped the tracks somewhere....