Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lessons from Croatia

I've got so much to talk about in regards to Croatia!! So I figured I may need to do it in pieces, although the pieces will probably not be in any particular order! I learned so much from this trip. Probably the biggest lesson (and by the far, the coolest!) was more about the Holy Spirit. I've always known God the Father and the God the Son, but while in Croatia, I really began to know God the Spirit. Learning about how He moves, how He speaks to me, how He guides me, how He is unseen yet felt. The whole weekend was Spirit filled and led by the Holy Spirit--probably because the whole thing was bathed in prayer from both sides of the ocean!

On Saturday morning, the morning session was awesome. It ended up being nearly a full hour of pure worship and pure praying--genuinely loving each other as sister's in Christ. I met Sherri at the conference and she was in my small group. Sherri is in her mid forties and lives in the US. Earlier in the year, one of the missionaries came to her church and they kept in touch. 3 ago, God told Sherri to come to Croatia, she wasn't sure why, just to come. So she came with the missionary to the conference and was a huge help and blessing! She really felt like God was calling her out from where she was from--she just wanted to be obedient. During the morning session, I prayed over her. Just praying for wisdom and direction. I often think "musically" and in my prayers, it is no exception. I was trying to think of the words of a particular song while I was praying and they wouldn't come. I just prayed, "Lord, let her run with reckless abandon to You." She shot up and her eyes were wide as saucers and she had this huge smile on her face. She asked me, "What did you say? Did you just say Reckless Abandon? Did God tell you to say that?" I told her yes, it just came out. She told me that three years ago, to the week...she felt God lead her to write this poem, entitled..."Reckless Abandon"! She had never told anyone about it and had not looked it at since. She had the poem on her computer and showed it to me...it talks about running after God. We both just sat there in amazement and laughing...God showed up!! At times during the conference, I felt like a waste of time because I wasn't counseling. But God sent me from the South to Croatia to be there for Sherri. It was incredible!!!! You just have to be willing...you never know what He is up to!

3 comments:

Sara Fleming said...

oh i so love it when we allow the Holy Spirit to move...He wants to be so real in our lives...that story is really awesome! can't wait to hear more :)

RG said...

Awesome!!!!
Our God is an awesome God!!!! :o)

Grumpy Pants said...

I love how He has moved in your life. Doesn't make you so confident that He will always take care of you? I am so glad you were able to go on this trip. Did you see Sveta?