Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Breathe In, Breathe Out

The past few days have been crazy, and that's putting it mildly! My week started Sunday night when I spent 5 hours at work dealing with a situation. The situation carried over onto Monday, then the licensing people showed up unexpectedly, you name it happened. A lot of the duties regarding the licensing people fell to me, and I needed 5 of me yesterday. I was so cranky, if one more person told me how tired I looked or asked me if I felt bad..I wanted to just yell "Shut up!" and run away. Now, I know this not is exactly what Jesus would do, but in my humaness, that's what I felt like doing. Thankfully, I didn't.

Last week, I came across this great blog www.lotsofscotts.blogspot.com and the writer was talking about going to the Deeper Still conference with Beth Moore, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer. I've never heard Kay Arthur, but Beth Moore and Priscilla Shirer are incredible! Anyway, she talked about this song that Priscilla read. It's called "He Is" by Aaron Jeoffrey. (and yay, it's available on I tunes!!!) I was in high school when I first heard this song, and it blows me away as much now as it did 12 years ago. It's one of those that I can listen to over and over again and thanks to I tunes, I can. LOL But seriously, the words are incredible.

Several times over the past few days, I have listened to this song before I went to bed. In the dark, just listening. I desperately wanted Him to breathe into me the very being of who He is (if that makes any sense, it just came to me!) I wanted to know truly that He is the breath of Life, that He is my song, that He is the glorious treasure, my restorer, above all my Redeemer. I don't ever want to forget who He is....day by day, moment by moment. So I'll take it one day at a time, breathing in and breathing out.

"He Is" by Aaron Jeoffrey

In Genesis, He's the breath of life
In Exodus, He is the Passover Lamb
In Leviticus, He's our high priest
In Numbers, the fire by night
Deuteronomy, He's Israel’s Guide
Joshua, He’s salvation's choice
Judges, He’s Law Giver
In Ruth, the kinsmen's redeeme
r1st and 2nd Samuel, our trusted prophet
In Kings and Chronicles He is Sovereign
In Ezra, He’s the true and faithful scribe
In Nehemiah, the re-builder of broken walls and lives
In Esther, He’s Mordecai's courage
In Job, the timeless redeemer
In Psalms He is our morning song
In Proverbs, He is our wisdom's cry
Ecclesiastes, He's the time and season
In Song of Solomon, He is the lover's dream
In Isaiah He is Prince of Peace
In Jeremiah, the weeping prophet
Lamentations, the cry for Israel
Ezekiel, the call from sin
Daniel, the stranger in the fire
Hosea, the forever faithful
Joel, the spirit’s power
Amos, the strong-arms that carry us
Obadiah, the Lord our Savior
Jonah, the great missionary
Micah, the promise of peace
Nahum, our strength and shield
In Habakkuk and Zephaniah, He's brings revival
In Haggai He restores that which was lost
IN Zachariah, He’s our fountain
And in Malachi, He's the son of righteousness rising with healing in His wings
In Matthew Mark Luke and John, He is God Man and Messiah
In the book of Acts, He is the fire from Heaven
In Romans, He is the grace of God
Corinthians, the power of love
Galatians, freedom from the curse of sin
Ephesians, our glorious treasure
Philippians, the servant's heart
Colossians, He’s God and the trinity
Thessalonians, our calling King
In Timothy, Titus and Philemon, He's our mediator and our faithful pastor
In Hebrews, the everlasting covenant
In James, the one who heals the sick
In 1st and 2nd Peter, our faithful shepherd
In John and Jude, He's the lover coming for His bride
AND in the Revelation, , He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords,
Prince of Peace,
son of Man,
Lamb of God,
The Great I am,
Alpha and Omega,
God and Savior
He is Jesus Christ the Lord
And when time is no more, He is!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

This is Wayne's favorite song, too.

Bekah said...

I love that song! When I was little I got paid $50 for memorizing it. :)