Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Growing Pains

What a week this has been! Although it has been much better than last week, Praise the Lord!!! I am finally able to see accomplishment from the past 9 months and can see the fruit of the often tedious labor. My "baby" will hopefully arrive sometime next week...I don't mean a real baby, but my big project that feels like my baby. I had plans for the weekend with a friend, but that got changed. I found out that I have to be in SW LA on Monday for an adoption meeting, so i was planning on leaving on sunday. Then I found out I have to head to Baton Rouge for something but i can tie in a trip home, so a lot of traveling the next few days...not a great time to be out of the office, but it works.

Lately, I've been feeling the effects of growing pains. I'm growing up. Yikes! Not that I haven't already realized this, but now it just seems more obvious. I've been out of high school for 9 years, out of college for 5, out of grad school for 4, and have been a social worker for 4 years. It's so hard to believe how far God has brought me. I feel the pain of the stretching and growing that God has been doing in my life. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes we don't realize the beauty of the pain, the growing pains, until afterwards. I talked to someone today who had struggled with infertility for several years and was told that there was no way that she would conceive without medical intervention. Surprise!!! She's pregnant!!! and without any medical intervention! She told me that now she can see the beauty in the pain of infertility, of how God ordained every part of the journey, how He told her to simply "Be still and know that I am God."

The past few months have been some of the most difficult in my life. But I have seen God move, I have seen Him grow me in ways that I never thought were possible...the growing pains haven't been so bad after all.

No comments: