Monday, June 9, 2008

It's a Monday.....

Today was a typical Monday...craziness. Maybe if I had been able to relax on my little getaway this weekend, it would have been better. I had planned an escape to the lake this weekend..just needed to unwind and retreat a bit. The home has a retreat house on the lake that we can use, so free is even better. I had it all planned out. I was going to get there around noon or so, sit on the porch, read, relax. I get there only to find that the air conditioner is BROKEN!!! That's right..broken and it's 90 degrees outside and feels much hotter inside. So I throw open all of the doors and turn the fans on. I thought that I could handle it for the night if I slept with the fan on and the balcony door open, but between chasing the bird that kept flying into the kitchen and my overall feeling of stickiness, I gave up. I was home a bit after dark. But it was still nice to get away and read for a bit.

I get to work this morning to find out that something that I had mailed off two weeks ago did not get to its destination. It was needed in VA this week. So off I went to the notary and to Fed Ex...so hopefully it will arrive soon. Then it just went from there. I guess it's not really that bad but it just seems that way. Major changes have been going on at work...which equals to a lot of mess and it feels like its all on my shoulders or rather I'm wading through it. Oh the joys of being a director!

I'm so tired of people not being nice. I know, not everyone is always nice. But sometimes I wish they would. I have been blamed for things that are out of my control. I feel like screaming, "I"m just trying to do my job...please do yours!" I'm so tired of the junk... I feel like I'm the one who has done something wrong, even though I know that it is the not case. I was talking to my mom earlier and she reminded me that what goes around comes around. I didn't do anything wrong. Now, granted, I could have probably handled things a little better, but can't we all? I hate how this situation has made me feel...i'm not me. I'm not positive, cheerful, happy, joyful for that matter. I feel helpless. But God knows that I'm right where He wants me to be, even if its' in the middle of junk.

No comments: