Friday, June 27, 2008

Things that Make me smile

This was my "light" post from the other night that I somehow managed to delete. The past few posts have been kind of deep, so I thought I would share some things that make me smile or laugh. It's so easy to get bogged down in the chaos and junk of life that we forget to "smell the roses." These are in no particular order!
  1. White roses. I love any kind of flower but white roses are my absolute favorite. They're going to be in my wedding bouquet.
  2. Matthew McCaunaghey- especially when I get to see his smiling face every day. Seriously, I have an autographed photo to me in my apt. It's a really cool story how I got it. Ask and I'll tell you!
  3. Babies.
  4. The smell of rain
  5. Trips to the beach
  6. Trips home
  7. My weekly phone call to my Maw Maw
  8. Thanksgiving dinner in Franklinton
  9. Shopping the day after Thanksgiving
  10. Watching Steel Magnolias for the billlionth time
  11. How my mom falls asleep every time she and I try to watch a movie or TV together
  12. Spending time with my dad
  13. How my dad "complains" about me coming home. "So, when are you leaving?" He really does miss me, rather if he wants to admit it or not.
  14. Starbucks with Jessica
  15. Passion Iced tea lemonade and tofee almond bar from starbucks
  16. Riding with misty in the mustang with the top down
  17. Listening to my Ipod
  18. Sleeping late on Saturdays
  19. Spending the day doing absolutely nothing important
  20. Reading
  21. scrapbooking
  22. Painting
  23. When Deanna and Abram call me "Nana"
  24. People Magazine
  25. Singing
  26. Reading other people's blogs
  27. Listening to rain
  28. Pedicures
  29. dark chocolate
  30. Blind dates--okay, I need to clarify here. Not that I particulary enjoy these, but I just laugh about some of the ones that I've been on. I'm not opposed to them either, so if you know someone... :)
  31. Cleaning while listening to my Ipod (for some reason, I only like to clean while I'm listening to the Ipod
  32. Missions
  33. trips to mylos and target
  34. traveling
  35. listening to Abram sing
  36. breakfast at Franks
  37. cookies from Daily Harvest

I'm sure there's more...but that's all for now. I know that everyone likes free stuff, so head over to the Pink Potpourri http://allieparkersthoughts.blogspot.com Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Your blog made me smile.